So you’ve got algae on your glass and you want to get rid of it? Well, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve been running tropical aquariums of all shapes and sizes for years and have tried many different glass cleaners, from magnets to brushes on sticks. If you’ve got algae on your fish tank glass then we have the best cleaner for you right here- and as a sneak preview, it’s a very cheap solution.
Best Algae cleaner for tropical aquariums
We’re called small tanks but have tested this product on my Jewel Trigon 190-litre corner tank, which is generally a pain to clean! I’ve also put it through its paces on a 57 litre Fluval Flex with a curved front. This product will work on any size of tank including corner tanks and bow fronted tanks. Here it is below, its a great cleaner for stubborn algae on the tank and nimble enough to fit into the corners to get your tank looking like new again –
Key features of this scraper
- Stainless Steel so no worries about rust
- Blades can be easily replaced
- Scrapes even tough algae off the glass in your tank
- The best glass cleaner we’ve ever used
Notes for use
- It’s got a very sharp blade so keep it away from children and pets
- Due to the sharp blade you need to be careful around the silicone on your tank
- Again due to the blade you need to keep to a slow smooth motion when using or it may scratch the tank. It’s is really easy to use you just can’t scrape it around crazily or you’ll damage the tank.
Here’s how it looks in use.
*please note that the tank only looks like this as I’ve just returned from holiday, the tank currently has no algae eaters as I’m just establishing a carpet of dwarf hair grass so took them out.- this is not how I keep my tanks! I usually scrape them once every month if the algae eaters are doing their jobs.
I’ve half cleaned the front and it now looks like this
As you can see there is a massive difference in the tank and it only took a few minutes to do the whole tank even right down in the corners. Since buying this product I’ve been very impressed with it and would rate it as the best glass cleaner I’ve used in any aquarium.
It’s considerably better, not to mention less effort, than a magnetic cleaner that will get your tank clean to some extent but not as clean as this. If you want crystal clear glass then this is the cleaner you need.